Tuesday, July 30, 2013

(25) Midway


It's crazy how time flies. I can't believe it - it's been a good six months here in Melbourne.

Time is always a factor or an unstoppable circumstance in many instances. It has a way of creeping back as a reminder - that you don't have much of it left.

All of these pretty, random shots were taken right in the city. Isn't it breath taking? I feel so blessed that I'm able to be in the thick of all this beauty every single day. It's a wonderful, wonderful sight I don't want to part with.

Living abroad is always a great experience - you get to be in touch with everything, from the sights, to the sounds, the diverse mix of food, the culture and most importantly the people. You'll feel like you're drowning at first, but if you're lucky you'll feel like you're slowly immersing yourself in the water, trying to absorb whatever you can then slowly, you'll realize how fun it is when you get to swim and stay afloat. Travel really broadens the mind as they always say, and it's so annoyingly true because this one experience is going to change you, forever.

I don't really know how or why I'm feeling this bout of uncertainty but I certainly feel a bittersweet awkwardness. It's like I want to do everything about it, yet nothing because I just want to take in whatever I can of this place and time. Everything is in its right place, yet I feel like I'm here in the most mashed up period in my life. It's all happening so quickly, I can barely stop to understand exactly what it all is. It's like trying to comprehend something, and then something else comes along and I have to think about what's next. But it feels kind of great too, at least my mind's functioning, no?

It's been awhile since I've shared something but I definitely will be back with more along the way, in more spread out intervals due to responsibilities. But I would love to hear from you, regardless if you're from anywhere in the world, just about anything - from your travel experiences, to your love for the culture or whatsoever.

This world definitely has a lot more to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment