Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Get Lucky (Daft Punk Cover) - Daughter #midweektune


Wednesday, again.

It's been yet another quiet week with school being extremely draining and more commitments starting to come my way. Except that it's now May... How time flies, doesn't it? Anyway, as promised I'm back here with another #midweektune.

As you all might know, the legendary Daft Punk has finally released a brand new single (and album on the way) named Get Lucky, featuring Pharrell. Probably needs no introduction because they are one of the best at what they are doing hahah. I gotta admit it took awhile for Get Lucky to grow on me cus I was expecting something louder and energetic, not that this one isn't but it's just my take on it. But it's really groovy though so I can't sulk about it either.

Next thing I know, Daughter covered this on BBC radio 1 and my friend was telling me about it, so thus. I know some of you might be like this is blasphemous to Daft Punk but I think Daughter deserves a bit of credit for whatever they are doing. I think this version's a rather calm rendition to the actual, in a good way and it made my Wednesday, so yes.

In case you haven't checked it out, I've posted a remixed version of Youth by Daughter on my previous #midweektune entry, which you can click through here. You may read more about them through the link as well. Holla more tunes over if you got!

No comments:

Post a Comment